Welcome to 10 Points for Tuesday, with a new sponsor, Ekdahl Nelson Real Estate! Here’s how to get in contact with our sponsor:
Cellular phone: 830-591-3972
1. Bobby Petrino just isn’t sitting all-around now that he’s in College Station. He is taken an lively position in recruiting and has even long gone to pay a visit to new QB Marcel Reed in Tennessee. That is a great move, due to the fact he’s bought to do some providing of his technique and his partnership with Jimbo Fisher to make confident any and all considerations are alleviated.
2. 4-star QB Jaden Rashada has asked for out of his Florida NLI (nationwide letter of intent) because his NIL (identify, picture, likeness) offer, worthy of a described $13 million, didn’t appear as a result of. This should be the stage exactly where donors and plans draw the line. $13 million is a ridiculous sum and it can be challenging to rationalize it for a correct freshman of any kind. But Florida’s donors must have recognised greater. They screwed the program and its standing by failing to meet what was envisioned. Now that they’ve made this mess by bidding players up, it really is up to these “conglomerates” to restrain them selves. Which they either will, and NIL will obtain an equilibrium, or they won’t and it’ll all implode.
3. The grass isn’t really constantly greener when you strike the transfer portal. Former A&M receiver Caleb Chapman is leaving Oregon after a person time and one capture for 15 yards. If he had caught all over at A&M, especially as 1 receiver following a different was both wounded or suspended, he’d have had massive numbers past time. Now, he is down to a person solitary period that will make or break his NFL likelihood, and odds are stacked very strongly towards him correct now.
4. The amount that sticks out about Alabama WR Tyler Harrell, who visited A&M nowadays, is 4.24. Which is his laser-timed 40-yard-dash time (in 2021). Harrell was just one of Petrino’s previous signees at Louisville, so there’s a historical past there and he could undoubtedly be an asset if he can keep healthful.
5. Tomorrow night’s sport against Florida is enormous for A&M on numerous fronts, but here’s the greatest: they started out 4- in conference engage in very last calendar year just before shedding 8 in a row. Florida has been their toughest opponent so far in the course of SEC play, so beating them twice would silence some doubters and deliver some ghosts packing.
6. Aggie baseball is ranked 5th in D1 Baseball’s preseason poll. Their first three conference opponents? #1 LSU, at #2 Tennessee, #4 Ole Skip. A team could go 1-2 in every of individuals 3 matchups and even now end up in Omaha.
7. The Aggie defense has been robust in convention enjoy. Florida shot 45.5%, thanks to a warm second 50 %, but due to the fact then, nobody’s cracked 40%. LSU shot 34.7% from the area, Missouri 38.9% and South Carolina 38%. That will earn you some game titles.
8. The transfer portal closes tomorrow, and will reopen between May 1 and May well 15. That indicates gamers won’t be able to enter it doesn’t suggest groups cannot signal the types already in. And grad transfers can go in at any time. Yeah, the open and closed dates are pretty substantially worthless.
9. Polynesian Bowl tactics are underway, and tell me that is not a bowl you’d go to perform in. In any case, there are some folks reporting on practices and one particular player on protection retains on grabbing people’s interest for all the suitable explanations: DJ Hicks.
Huh. Go figure.
10. I continue to keep coming back again to this, but I genuinely do like the idea of utilizing Donovan Inexperienced and/or Jake Johnson as slot receivers. It’s not like it has not been performed ahead of by Jimbo or Petrino — heck, seem at Jace Sternberger and Jalen Wydermyer. I consider both of those fellas have the skill to be effective in that position.